Sunday, February 8, 2009

strange coincidences

an american-swedish girl whom i have met twice in sweden told me at a party on friday that the "people you may know" section in facebook suggested a girl who was facebook friends with me, and a member of a group for a school in italy that both girls had independently attended. we looked online to see who. she had never met or seen her before. i "know" this "mutual friend" because she is from los angeles and goes to UMASS, part of the 5 college consortium which my school is a part of. she introduced herself to me at a party last year because she had seen me on our (another) mutual friends facebook wall. a girl from florida who i know in sweden knows a girl who i know who is from los angeles who lives in massachusetts because they went to the same program in italy.

terrifying, ridiculous and beautiful.

No comments: